In under 3 weeks, we put over 3,000km on Winston’s tires. In each place we visited, we spent no more than 2 nights (with the exception of Durban) giving us a wee ‘taste’ of each place and plenty of incentive to return in time.
With a few adjustments from our original route, I give you our final trip itinerary, complete with links to my photos and reflections.
- 7 April | Marijn & Ann arrive in Mokhotlong
- 8 April | Marijn & Ann pony trek
- 9 – 11 April | Leaving Mokhotlong, Sani Pass, & Drakensbergen
- 12 April | Drive to Durban; stop in Howick, South Africa
- 13 – 15 April | Durban: surfing, uShaka, & a city tour; Cathy arrives!
- 16-17 April | Saint Lucia Wetlands
- 17-19 April | Maputo & Praia de Macaneta, Mozambique
- 20-21 April | Swaziland: Swazi Candles & Swazi Glass
- 21 – 23 April | Kruger Park
- 24 April | Drive back to Pretoria
- 25 April | Apartheid Museum and dinner with Lloyd & co.
- 26 April | Cathy, Ann, & Becky leave South Africa
[Accompanying photos are primarily a compilation of my own, Marijn’s, and Cathy’s. How fortunate, else I’d never feature in a single one.]