This morning I finally found a toolkit. Fix ALL THE THINGS!
- hammer off the shard of metal that prevented the kitchen window from fully closing
- tape shut the cracks around the windows of the common room
- disassemble the gas heater in the common room, searching for God
- reassemble the gas heater in the common room (God on holiday, it seems)
- level out the feet on my bed
- tighten the screws in all the panhandles
- adjust the screws on the kitchen door to quell that incessant, irritable squeak
- re-set the shower curtain in the bathroom
The leaky bathroom tap was beyond me, but all-in-all a morning well spent. Thanks for teaching me handy-ness, Pops!