Electricity, commonly regarded as bringer of light and internet into my life, has but one responsibility: keep connected.
Naturally, I do enjoy unplugging from time to time. It grants me the opportunity to enjoy the people and places in my life that my quick-walking feet so often breeze past. I like eliminating the multiple screens from before my eyes and silencing those grating ringing/vibrating noises.
But when the power is out for all 13 hours of a regular workday…I must say I’m at a loss for how to conduct my job. So instead:
- Naptime face-down on the desk
- Solitaire for a few solid hours
- Reading 25% of the book I fortunately brought with me
- Lunch with Sylvia
- Chatting with Sylvia
- Staring at the wall in Sylvia’s restaurant
- Naptime face-down on the floor
- Solitaire until the power turns on
It’s been an exhausting day.